Wednesday, September 28, 2011

3 dear ones and a date ~ September 28th

Today is a special day in my heart, forever.

Today is the day that Tribe Papa began his journey to posses the earth (Tehillim 37).  He is my rock, my leader, my strength.  I am in awe of the bond we share, the love we grow in and the strength that just continues to get stronger.  I love this man more than life itself and am so blessed to be called his own.  Sweetheart, you are the reason I am able to get up and move in the morning, the reason I keep striving to make this family stronger, healthier and more knit together in love.  You make my life worth living.  You gave me the most beautiful children, and they have the tenacious strength I so admire in you.  They are tough and willing to work hard just like their Papa.  They watch you, learn from you and reach for you when hurting.  They will thank you when they are grown and look back upon the example you've set and the love you've shown.  They will forever be grateful for the cuddles at night, the honesty of sorry, the walks in the woods, the evenings with music and the truth taught.  You are the head of this family, and we love you leading us.  This wife is forever grateful for you and look forward to each new memory we have yet to share.



This day is also the day of my dear Grammy's birth.  She has a rare strength, depth unknown in later generations.  She is the light in my past, the one hope in my genetics.  I being adopted, am forever thankful to have the gift of her friendship and love as an adult.  I feel so blessed, so touched that I was put into a place where I can look at this woman and know her value.  Not many are given such a gift, to have 2 beautiful women with which to look up to and call Grandma... friend.   I do not take you for granted Grammy, I appreciate you for all that you are!



And lastly, my dear sweet Lisa.  A day does not go by that I do not miss you.  I still water the pages at the ache inside since you passed.  I am so thankful you gave me your gift, to love health.  And even more so, to never wish for the next step, but rather linger on each rung and enjoy the moment.  You are forever my inspiration, the little voice reminding me why I take those extra hours, what it will mean to them in the future.  Why I am able to push through the exhaustion, because it does matter... the ingredients put in produce the strength of the future.  No way to take back poor nutrition, lack of care, harsh words, and reactive anger.  You taught me to think ahead, to question why and to care more about those around than myself.  You were a lasting example, your legacy will live on in those you touched.  My children will know you, and someday in eternity they will thank you too for all you taught me.  I miss you and wish we were sharing this moment now.  You are forever in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...